Manage your account
Manage Your JungleWP Tribes account settings through the browser, desktop, and mobile apps.
Access account settings
To access and manage your JungleWP Tribes account on a server:
Log in to the server with your username and password. Click your profile picture and select My Account.
Account settings changed on a single server do not change settings on a different server.
You can change the following account settings:
- Set the language to use for the JungleWP Tribes user interface.
Enable or disable all desktop notifications, test desktop notifications, and configure:
- The global notification duration in seconds
- Normal mode (send with Enter)
- Normal: The default spacing between messages
- Cozy: More space between messages (less on the screen)
- Compact: Less space between messages (more on the screen)
- Every Mention/Direct Message
- Unread Tray Icon Alert: Toggles if the tray icon highlights when you have unread messages
- __Use Emojis: Toggles emojis in messages
- Convert ASCII to Emoji: Toggles emoji conversion when inputting ASCII characters
- Auto Load Images: Disables clicking on images to preview them
- Save Mobile Bandwidth: Saves mobile data when the app is open
- Collapse embedded media by default: Toggles if messages with files collapse by default
- Unread Rooms Mode: Creates a new section on the channel list with all channels with unread messages
- Hide usernames: Hides usernames on the channels, showing only the users avatars
- Hide roles: Hides role tags from users
- Hide right sidebar with click: Automatically closes the right sidebar when clicked.
- Hide Avatars: Hides avatars on the channels, showing only the users' usernames
- Group by Type:: Groups your channels by Type or merge them in a single list
Specify a comma-separated list of words or phrases to trigger notifications for when mentioned by anyone in public or private channels of which you are a member
Configure audio notifications used for the following:
- New Room
- New Message
Available audio notifications:
Verify and edit the following profile information:
- Set a new password
Upon verification of your email by the JungleWP Tribes server, a check appears alongside it.
Should you need another verification email, select the Verify email option.
To set or change your avatar for a JungleWP Tribes server, click on one of the images beside your current avatar. To upload a new avatar, click the Upload Avatar option.
Enable or disable Two Factor Authentication (2FA) for your account on a JungleWP Tribes server.
When you enable 2FA, you are required to get a key code from an app on your phone, thus increasing security when logging in.
Note: 2FA can be turned on and off by the system admin, if you can't find this setting, please contact your system admin.
To enable 2FA, you need to:
- Click the Enable two-factor authentication button.
- Use an authentication app, such as Google Authenticator, Authy, or Duo, to scan the QR code. Scanning the QR code displays a six-digit code. Enter the code into Rocket.Chat.
- Copy your backup code somewhere safe if you need to access it in the future without the authentication app. Click Send to finish.
- To disable the 2FA, click on Stop two-factor authentication.